Usher in the start of fall with these September home decor favorites
Can you feel it? Fall is in the air, kids are going back to school and I find myself considering wearing jeans and closed toed shoes - even though it’s still 88 degrees outisde. I just want them THAT bad. And a sweater…. UGH can’t wait.
Until then, I’ve pulled together some of my favorite home decor picks for September. These items will help us ease out of summer and into fall, and help us get ready for all the goodness that autumn has to offer (looking at you apple picking and pumpkin spice lattes). You’ll see my current color palette obsession going strong throughout with lots of rust along with some warm yellow and tan and as always texture.
Favorites for your home
To start us off this rust colored chair is so sculptural and cool. It has such a great shape and can add warmth and interest to any space. Place this in your living room in pairs to create a conversational area with other furnishings, or use it as an accent in a bedroom or other cozy spot.
2. This pillow from the new Sarah Sherman Samuel collection is just so simple and modern but feels textural and warm a the same time. Honestly the whole collection is pretty great. This pillow would be a great addition paired with a vintage pillow with a smaller scale pattern, or chunky textural throw. Or even in pairs on a bed.
3. The nude leather wrap on these vases really amps up the cool factor, especially with the saddle stitching detail running down side. These would look great filled with pampas grass or some pretty fall cuttings from your back yard. And seriously so affordable!
4. This upholstered bench stopped me in my tracks. With the curved low back and the texture on the seat this would be perfect at the base of a bed or on one side of a dining room table for extra seating. I’m seriously obsessed.
5. We are approaching candle season folks, so let’s do the right thing and dress them up with these woven lanterns. A perfect addition to your home this fall, these will be great at those last outdoor meals of the summer, or brought inside to warm up your space for a cozy movie night. I’m especially loving them in a trio because they are all a little different and therefore feel more curated and will make people think your a mix and match genius at your next dinner party :)
6. This 13 foot vintage Turkish runner is a long hallway’s soulmate. With warm yellows and tans and just the right amount of wear and patina, this stunner will make your forgotten boring hallway a hot new destination. And if you want a little tip: Etsy is the bestest place to find vintage rugs, like this guy, for great prices. 👍🏻
September is on of my favorite months and always a time that I feel like switching things up. If you are feeling that too, I hope you find something here to freshen up your space. Let me know what you think in the comments!
And if you need a refresh in your home and would like some additional help, Sharp + Grey is available for 2 hour Consultations to get you started. I would love to hear from you!
*Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.